Friday, November 4, 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air


Today, I went on a photoventure. It was fun to be outside enjoying the weather before it gets freezing cold. I began my journey at Gordon Bubolz Nature Center in Appleton. There were several cars in the parking lot, yet I didn't see a single soul. I was surprised at all of the birds. I've been at the nature center before, but never in the morning like I was today. It was different. It wasn't really early (perhaps 8:30), but in a way, it almost felt like everything was still waking up. I was amazed at the noise all of the falling leaves made! It wasn't too breezy, but the leaves were dropping like crazy! I'm sure the frost was helping that along!

Next stop - Zion Lutheran Church on Oneida St. This church is a fantastic piece of architectural work! It is on the historic register as well. There are so many little details put into the building that you could really take a lot of pictures! I chose to focus on some of the major details this time.

I went to City Park in search of a park bench. I think it was last week that I saw a photograph that inspired me to want to take a picture of a park bench using a specific angle.  Unfortunately, I didn't find the benches I was hoping for, but I did find a nice little patch of flowers. I thought they were interesting- half covered in frost, half of the frost melted, half in the light, the other half not.

My final destination of the day was a completely new discovery to me. I was on a tight time schedule, so I will have to visit the Newberry Trail again. I'm told that it basically extends from Tellulah Park to the lock system in the flats. I stayed close to the trail head off of Lawe St. where I found a railroad trestle bridge and a couple nice leaves.

Afterward, I left the area feeling a little bit more energized and refreshed. When I was on the Newberry Trail, I spied two buidings connected with an architectural bridge. I was curious so I drove up and around the block to find out what it was. It turned out to be a UCC church. The road took me to Tellulah Park.

Since I was so close to the park where Tony and I fell in love, I decided to see if I could find it. I haven't been there in about 22 years and I have no clue how we discovered this park back then! It was Peabody Park where there are some bench swings across the street facing the Fox River. What a great area! I spied a couple of domes across the river…that'll be an adventure for another day unless one of you tell me what they are! 

These are some of the pics I took. They are all accessible on my Facebook page if you have not seen the album yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment