Monday, October 10, 2011

The Adventure Begins!


Setting out on a new adventure is always exciting. This week I have decided to embrace life again and dive in to a new and exciting journey, beginning with this blog. Although shy growing up, you would never know it now. I have become a person who loves to spend time with people, often times sharing and finding compassion in my heart towards them. Communication is something that I have always had a passion for. Whether writing, speaking, singing, acting, or simply enjoying time with family and friends, I love to share life. It is through these moments that we find life's defining adventures.

As a new blogger, I'm sure the question of who I am will come up. I've read that establishing credibility is important. Just the mere question of who I am sends my mind off in a thousand directions. How do we truly define who anyone is? Is it because of their accomplishments? education? employment? family? I'm sure you understand exactly what I am saying! You are reading a blog on the internet. I could be anyone, anywhere. As someone on the internet, I am simply a personality that you will come to know. There is a picture of me here on my blog. But it is essentially just that - a picture. Only those who have or will meet me will know that I am who I say I am. But just in case you wonder, I am genuine. I do not wish to hide from you. And I legitimately care if you decide to post on my comment section. I have invited you to join me in this adventure and meant it with sincerity.

All things considered, I will share some of my personal life with you. I have been a part of the mid-west my entire life. And although I would absolutely love to move to a climate that doesn't get as cold as it does here in Wisconsin, I don't see that happening anytime in the near future. I am happily married with two daughters, age 17 and 19. I find that difficult to believe because it seems like it really wasn't that long ago that I was 19!

As any mother could tell you, it seems that it is our children that define us while they are home. I don't believe that to be completely true, but it does seem as though others think that. How many of you moms walk out the door with a friend or on a date and don't talk about your children? I think I have a permanent engraving on my forehead that I cannot see, but tells others to ask about my daughters. I really think that it is simply considered a "safe" subject, but agree that it provides for some interesting conversation!

As a family, we are all very social and enjoy the arts. My husband is a fantastic watercolor artist. He enjoys playing the guitar and mandolin. Occasionally, he also enjoys working on his Triumph TR6. Rebecca is known for her fun spirit. She loves to sing and once in a blue moon, she will dabble on the piano. When people ask about Rebecca now, they tend to ask how she continues to recover following a near fatal car accident she was involved in back in 2009. You might read more about that in future posts. Hannah is my gifted pianist. She plays beautifully and I will certainly miss that when she leaves for college! She is also known as being funny, possibly even class clown! (That was a surprise to me…I always thought that Becca was the class clown when I had group piano lessons and recitals in our home.) I have taught piano and coached vocal lessons  for almost 21 years. My favorite past times include being involved with a local group that brings Christian speakers into our schools and playing the role of Sister Amnesia in the musical "Nunsense".

What am I doing here? I am here to explore - to learn what the world of blogging is all about - to challenge myself to rise to new heights - and to continue to grow in my writing skills. I would love to use this as a place to encourage others, to tell stories, and to explore my ability to write in different styles. I am here to learn more about life's defining adventures. Please continue with me as I explore. Share your thoughts and experiences. Offer challenges to me. And while I have the opportunity, allow me to personally welcome you aboard this epic journey to only God knows where!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new adventure--blogging! I know you are going to love it! I am your newest subscriber and look forward to the journey.

    ReplyDelete