Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chasing a Dream

Dreams could be thoughts, emotions, creative ideas, images, visions, or perhaps even a fantasy.

It has been an eventful year for our family as my daughter and I walked across Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi, then rode bikes across Louisiana. It's been an adventure that continues to define who I am and an adventure that has helped me to learn more about my passions and dreams.

We have been home for one month now. I was surprised at the amount of time it has taken to fully acclimate back into our home life, as well as surprised how at much time it takes to see everyone we know and love. It's great to be back, but I sure do miss meeting people every day and the new friendships that were created.

Now it is time to really get to work, to put honest effort into pursuing the callings I feel God is leading me toward. Throughout the past month, I have spent countless hours thinking, listening, researching, and writing. In short, I have been in front of the computer a lot!

I came across a blogging challenge today. It was intended to start at the beginning of the month, but the rules stated that the challenge was to post 31 times in October, whether that was daily or not didn't matter. (Though the challenge did point out that it is most effective to post daily rather than skipping days, I don't think it mentioned what the effect of doubling up is!) I decided that since the month is really only about half over, I will use this as an incentive to get back to the blog I have been pushing to the back burner.

My goal this month will be to write shorter entries, to get to the point, and hopefully to write entries that encourage or inspire others - something that may teach and/or bring joy to the soul. I love getting feedback. It will be interesting to use your questions as launch pads too. So, for the next couple weeks, send me feedback and questions. I will focus on our most recent adventures. Here's your chance, fire away! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment