Friday, October 19, 2012

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

There is nothing quite like waking up early. Some of my favorite parts of the day take place in the morning hours - although, I don't always like to get up early! It's early in the morning that you really get to hear the birds start to chirp. The night sky begins to turn to dawn, and a new day is born.

Today was a day for me to plan to get up early. But, it turned out to be one of "those" days - one of those days when you barely slept a wink all night - a day that you are ready on time, yet none too early. Then, after arriving at the home of the lady I planned to carpool with, I learned that I was there one week early!

As I drove home, I was reminded of how important it is for each of us to take some quiet time in the morning. It's the perfect time, before anyone is up, to spend time with God, to get a handle on your calendar, focus on the day that lays before you, and devise a plan of attack. These are some of the great strategies of a successful leader - whether that is in the home or at a professional level.


No comments:

Post a Comment