Monday, October 22, 2012

Sunday Reflection

Sundays are a great day to not only rest, but also to spend time with family and friends! One interesting quote that stands out as I think about that is, "You become like the 5 people you spend the most time with. Choose carefully."

I had a great time today. I got to spend time with my husband and my daughter as well as some other family members. Our conversations can get interesting. But what I noticed is that each person tends to talk about the people they are closest to. Why is it that we talk about them? I have to believe that it is because on some level we admire them or long to acquire some of their traits.

Who is it that you want to be? Where do you want to go in life? Are you making the choices that will help you get there? Are you spending enough time with the people that are most able to help you accomplish your dreams?

When my girls were young, I tended to choose friends who parented or had lifestyle choices similar to that of me and my husband. As my girls grow older and I look to my future, I tend to look more and more to other people - people who are already doing or are on the path to doing what I long to do. That doesn't mean that I cherish my earlier friendships any less. We may not talk as much, but those are relationships that I will cherish forever. The new friendships are necessary to help all of us grow.

We are all in the process of defining our life's adventures. Once your passion is identified, set your goals, share them, have a treasure map, and develop the relationships necessary to get there. You are on your way to discovering a whole new you. The fun is just waiting for you to discover it!

No comments:

Post a Comment