Saturday, October 27, 2012

Spooktacular Spiders?

Years ago, I was taught to look to nature to learn various lessons. Today is one of those days. I thought of the spider. Spiders often keep themselves busy, but when you think about their web, what kind of things come to mind (beside the fact that you don't want them in your house!)?When I think of it, I think about how carefully placed they have to be. If the spider doesn't use careful planning, it is not going to get food. Or worse, the spider could miss out and have the web and possibly it's own life destroyed!

I've been sitting in front of my computer quite a bit today. It's quite apparent by the fact that I currently have fourteen tabs open in my browser! I also have in front of me: two open Word documents, two sheets of paper that I have been taking notes on, and a few more that I printed off. This is precisely the type of situation I was referring to the other day when I wrote about being a squiggle. It's been a fairly unfocused day, yet, I have learned a lot of information as I bounced from one subject to another.

At the end of the day, perhaps the biggest thing I need to admit is that I really prefer when my days are planned out and orderly. (Don't get me wrong... I LOVE to be spontaneous!) For the past couple weeks, I had been so focused on making it through my day yesterday that I wasn't well enough prepared for orderly work today. I had everything in my head, but without an actual action plan.

That being said, I have come up with a plan! I want to use that lesson from the spider. I want to have this area of my life planned. I really want to have a big picture in mind before I continue writing with no apparent focus. I have plenty of things that I want to write about, but before it looks like I am writing without a purpose, I am going to step back. I am going to continue to work on my personal goals that will soon tie in with my blog writings. Until that time, I will be here simply writing about myself.

Spiders may be creepy, crawly, scary things, but they have lessons we can learn. What better time to learn from a spider than at the end of October! Take a moment to reflect on your planing in various aspects of your life: Spiritual, Financial, Relationships, Hopes, Dreams, Physical, etc.Are you throwing caution to the wind and simply going with whatever seems to work? Or do you have plans - short and long terms? You'll be pleased by the spooktacular results you see when you make time to create an action plan. This, too, will become one of your life's defining adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment