Saturday, October 20, 2012

Determination!

There was once a student who, when given an assignment, wrote down his dream. He dreamed of a luxurious horse farm. Not only did this student write his dream, he took the time to draw every detail of the dream - the layout of the buildings, what was inside them, etc. When the teacher saw the completed assignment, she returned it with an "F", saying the dream was unrealistic. She agreed to change the grade if he wrote about a realistic dream.

I can imagine how heart broken this little boy was. Not only that, I can empathize with him because I have had people like that in my life. These are people who want the best for me. People who love me deeply, yet don't understand my dreams.

We all long to have the love and support of those we love. But we must realize that they don't always have the ability to understand our dreams or passions. Maybe it is because the dreams we have are bigger than when they can comprehend. Perhaps they don't understand because there hasn't been an appropriate time to fully explain our dreams. Or, just maybe, it is because they too have or had a dream.

The boy in the story went on to accomplish his dream. In fact, his teacher has even taken her students on field trips to his ranch. She admits that she stole a lot of dreams from many students, but the important thing is, she learned.

Do you have passions that you want to follow? dreams to pursue? If there wasn't anyone there to tell you "no" would  you go after it? Life is short! We have been given these desires for a reason. I encourage you to be all that you can be. If you haven't already, start brainstorming ways that you can work toward your dream. I'll give you one tip for starters: share your dream with other people. It's important! (I'd love to hear about your dreams and passions!) Go for it, start defining your life's adventures!


Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of our goal, a commitment to excellence, that will enable us to attain the success that we seek. ~ Unknown

2 comments:

  1. How awful for that to have happened to that little boy! Glad he accomplished his dream anyway. But this is such an encouraging post. Makes me want to create a vision board just for my business!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and encouraging me too! I hope you find some great pictures and ideas to inspire you in the steps you need to take to move your business forward!

      Delete