Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh, the possibilities...!

The questions posed to me in my writing challenge for today are: "Where have you traveled?" or "What is something you could never get tired of doing?"

It was interesting to me that they fell together because I would have to say that I never get too tired of traveling. Of course, it is nice to be in one spot for awhile, and it is nice to return home for awhile too. When I have the opportunity to travel, I get excited! I love to explore new places, see new things, and meet more people.

I have been to 20 states so far.  I have actually driven through five additional states, but unless I did something of significant value in the state, I didn't count it. I would love to see all 50 and travel outside of the country as well. I have been to a few parts of Mexico and I have been to a couple parts of Canada.

I don't really have a specific plan of how I will get to all of the places I would like to go, rather, I plan to take advantage of the opportunities as they arise. I look forward to seeing things like the Grand Canyon or even revisiting states that I haven't seen nearly enough of like California. That is such a large state, the offerings are diverse. I hope that someday I can go to places like France or Germany to experience the historical culture. I'd like to go to Africa to see the people we sponsor. Travel to Australia and New Zealand has been long on my list. The Asian countries hold intrigue as does South America. How can a person possibly choose what they would like to see? All of it excites me! I had a tough time just stopping with the locations I did list!

I'm really not sure how a person like me could accomplish all of that world travel. I may have to settle for internet pics and living vicariously through others, but one thing I do know is that we live in an amazing world! If nothing else, I will have it on my bucket list to visit all 50 of the United States. I think that is an achievable goal. Wouldn't it be grand if I could also say that I gave speeches in all 50 states?!! I have no idea how I am going to manage to sleep now that I am so excited about travel and all of the possibilities that exist!

What if my dreams could begin to come true right here on my blog??? Are any of you interested in hiring a speaker? I'd love to discuss the possibilities with you! My hot topics right now are pursuing your passions, trusting in God, and overcoming adversity. I come complete with some fantastic references. Your audience is  sure to be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment