Monday, October 22, 2012

Life of a Squiggle

I confess. I am ...a squiggle! I am a person whose brain can sometimes go 400 mph while I attempt to do 20 things at the same time. I'm the person who can jump from A to M without taking all of the steps to there.  I am the personality type who some label as disorganized. Yet, in a squiggly kind of way, I still managed to get a lot done today. 

I've enjoyed learning about various personality types, so I decided to dive in a little deeper tonight. This is the paragraph that sums up squiggles the best: These individuals [squiggles] tend to be exceptionally creative, flamboyant, dramatic, and witty and, are the messiest and least-organised of all the Shapes. They can however, be very motivating people to be around.

Then I noticed a side panel with a listing of various shape parings. I saw that squiggles were in the mix so I thought, "why not take the test"?! To my surprise, my results came back as a circle/triangle combination! No squiggle at all! Hmmm... I'm not so sure about that. 

I've decided that we probably all have some mixed traits. I think it is important for us to work toward understanding various personalities - not only in the workplace, but also to aid in our personal lives. It's fun to learn about the various traits others carry. But in my quest, I think that it has helped me to embrace the positive qualities of others vs. allowing the quirks of different personality types stick out as an irritation.

The site I used tonight is: http://www.psychometricshapes.co.uk/index.php, but a simple Google search will pull up more information than you can dig through in short order! Expand your horizons by reading various explanations because each one will shed a different light in your understanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment