Friday, October 19, 2012

We Can Make a Difference

I've been creating a collection of some of my favorite quotes. I saw one today that stood out as a great way to introduce more of the direction I am driven toward.

The purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference. ~ Unknown

My first thought is that my primary purpose is to have a relationship with Christ, but in doing so, I know that the entire context of the above quote will come to pass.

Each of us has a calling. How are you living out your calling? Are you pursuing the passion the God has placed in your heart? If so, how are you doing with that? Have you set goals or benchmarks as a way to keep you moving toward your heart's desire? If not, why? What's to stop you?

As for me, I have a passion to travel. In and of itself, it would serve no purpose other than fulfilling my own personal dreams. Yet, when coupled with ways that I can reach out to other people, I know that I can make a difference and give compassion to others. Those are my dreams in life. I don't long for a mansion or all sorts of nice clothes & belongings. I long to be useful - to count and make a difference while I am here. I want to be a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment